Background

Monday, August 15, 2016

Dueling Darling Challenge

Well it's the 15th and time for our Dueling Darling challenge.  Debbie came up with the perfect challenge this month. 


In honor of the upcoming Rio Olympics the theme this month is “Going to Rio With the Olympic Darlings!"

Kits for the Dazzlers include:

Image:  Penny Black “Gymnast Mimi”

DP:        Scrapbook Customs – "Cheerleading Star Field"
              Karen Foster – "Everything Gymnastics"

Embellishments:
Blue Twine from K&Co.
White Twine from Stampin’ Up!
Red/White Twine – dollar bin Michaels
Gold & Silver Cord – Stampin’ Up!
Star Brads – Stampin’ Up!


Here are what my team mates made using this adorable image.

Darlene ** The World According to Bijou
Debbie ** The Ink Igloo
Jeanette ** Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy
Paola ** blog That's Amore! (SAMA - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com Please check her gallery!
Shelly ** My creative rumblings
Terry A ** For now, here's her gallery: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PurplePansy26 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Terry L ** It's Totally Terry

Part of the challenge was to list our favorite olympic event.  I guess mine would be the gymnastics.  Always fun to watch.

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, this card is absolutely darling! Love it!

:: BlueInks :: said...

So dang cute! I love the little bun in her perfectly colored hair. The use of the cords is great. Good job!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Aww I love this card, especially the cords behind the image. It makes her look like she's doing an extra special performance! I love Gymnastics too!

Sharon Madson said...

Cute, cute card! Of course, it is the perfect colors! Gymnastics is my favorite too. Thank you for stopping by my Blog.

dweatter said...

Love the layout of your card and how perfectly cut out the image is! Wish I could get cording to look so great behind an image. And your coloring is beautiful.

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness I love this card. The image is adorable and the way you used the dsp and embellishments...Great job.

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...