Background

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January Release for Two Paper Divas

Today is the day for the release of the January Two Paper Diva Stamps.  I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the release this month. I am going to use my favorite stamp set for my cards today.  It is called Best Fishes.  For my first card I used white embossing powder and Versamark ink to stamp the sentiment "Best Fishes".  I then did a water color technique for the background using my 3 different colors of blue distress inks.  I also stamped the fish on watercolor paper and colored the fish using my zig watercolor markers.  I love the bright colors you end up with after using these markers.
 Since I had so much fun with this card, I went ahead and stamped the inside of the card.
 For the card below,  I used more of my fish that I had colored with my zig water color makers.  I cut a piece of black cardstock 4 1/4" x 8" and scored it at 2 1/2" to give the fold on the left side.  I also cut out a blue 3 1/4" circle and a black 3 1/2" circle.  I used a bubble looking embossing folder for the blue circle.  For the inside of the card I cut a 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock and folded it in half.  I adhered it to the right of the inside of the card before adding the white sentiment piece that was cut 4 x 5 1/4" .  The polka dot paper at the top of the inside fold is cut at 3 1/4" x 4".  I also added the inside circle cut at 3 1/4".  The yellow pieces are cut at 2 1/4" x 4". I added the blue wave die at the bottom of the inside to give it a water theme.  I also added some clear gems on the outside of the card to look like air bubbles.
 The blue piece of paper on the inside is 1" x 4".  You can or cannot add it.
So you can see how much I loved this set.  I guess it is because there are alot of fisherman in my family and they are just fun to color.

Be sure and check back on Friday for another fun release card.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love both of these cards, Tracie! Cute, cute! So glad you are having as much with the fish as we are! Those watercolor markers do make bright beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing!

Waving My Wand said...

So, so cute! That background is amazing too. Love the inside detailing as well!

Imke said...

Both cards are great, Tracie but my favorite is the first one. The watercoloring looks soooo real - i want to go diving **lol**

Unknown said...

Doesn't get any cuter than that! Such fun cards Tracie! Mel

Unknown said...

Tracie- lovin' all your cards for Divas! You've been a busy lady! Mel and I are going to come to one of your classes at Rene's to learn about these ZIG markers...you make it look so easy!

Creative Crew

 Today is one day late for my post for our creative crew group.  I had a design team post I had to make for yesterday so I thought I would p...