Background

Friday, July 15, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #75

Funny that the challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments is Good Day Sunshine because this week has been fun of sunshine and heat where I live. We lost power at my house for 7 hours and I have a new appreciation for electricity and air conditioning. Don't know how in the world we ever did without it. With temperatures soaring in the upper 90's, I was thrilled when our power came back on and the air conditioning was the sweetest sound ever.

So I finally sat down and made a card using the stamp sets "Vintage Labels" (For the sun) and "Friends Never Fade" from Stampin Up. The butterflies were from the Stampin Up butterfly embossit dies that I use for almost every card I make. Love those butterflies!!!

5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. Love all your embellishments.

Shannon said...

Tracie, gorgeous sun. I LOVE the vintage labels set! Great choice. The colors you chose are so playful and vibrant, perfect for summer. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ugh, 7 hours in the heat with no A/C is NOT a good thing! Thank goodness it wasn't any longer then 7 hours.Phew! Love your fun card! The bright and happy colors are so pretty and I really like the punched sun! Yuo just can't go wrong with those pretty butterflies, either. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Hand stamped Sentiments! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the butterflies! Beautiful card. It would make anyone's day. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Krista said...

I hear ya on the AC thing! One summer my hubby decided not to run it as much....while I was nursing my newborn twins. He wanted to save money. I said I'd rather turn off the TV and have the AC on instead....he knew then that I meant business!! LOL!! Anyways, great card and a great way to use a stamp for another purpose...the sun! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...